Advertising in Current: a win-win for public media and for you.
Current informs, connects and inspires the public media community. Your advertising in Current will reach key decision makers in public media, while enabling us to accomplish our mission.
We love speaking directly with our advertisers!
Call Kathy at 727.433.2527 or email her to discuss your marketing objectives or to place an ad in print, online, in our newsletter, or to discuss sponsored content.
Links to help you get what you need:
- Place a job listing on publicmediajobs.org and in print
- Download our 2020 Media Kit
- Download our publication calendar and deadlines for 2020
- Pay an invoice
- Register for Pubmedia Directory
There’s no better way to reach public media’s decision-makers.
Whether you’re a producer looking to boost your program carriage, a vendor or consultant working with public media organizations, or have a special meeting or conference you want to boost, there is no better place to advertise. Current newspaper and Current.org provide direct links to the people making public media happen.
Who reads Current?
From the control room to the board room, professionals in public media tell us they rely on Current to stay on top of breaking news, policy, funding opportunities, best practices, conversation and commentary. Most public radio and television stations help their employees keep current through our Group Subscription Plan.
Count the majority of local public media stations as well as most major related organizations among our readers, including: PBS, NPR, CPB, APTS, APT, PRI, APM, Greater Public and NETA, to name just a few. Add to that list independent producers, funders, board members and policy makers and you have the most comprehensive reach available.
The readers of Current and Current.org represent decision-makers in public media:
- 32% of readers who participated in our survey report being in upper management
- Our readers are representative of the whole of public media—with 32% reporting being from public television, 49% from public radio. (The rest of the readership is comprised of national organizations, trade associations, funders, policy makers, etc.)
- 32% of our readers are involved in content; 17% work in development.
And they rely on us to stay up to date on the latest in public media news:
- 55% of readers visit Current.org several times per month and nearly 30% report that they visit a few times each week
- 90% read Current online; 25% access on mobile; 34% of readers spend time with the print edition in tandem with Current.org
Current is also made available with bonus distribution at every major meeting and conference in the field including:
- PBS TechCon
- PBS Annual Meeting
- Greater Public’s PMDMC
- Public Radio Super Regional
- APT Fall Marketplace
Need more information?
Kathy Bybee Hartzell