You are invited to enter the fourth annual Local that Works contest!
LTW spotlights original initiatives that help media “Be More Local.” We are particularly interested in innovative content, community engagement and fundraising efforts that can be replicated or scaled by small and mid-size media organizations.
What does it take to be a finalist? Check out the recording of our webinar on How to Make Your Local that Works Entry Pop! Read Julie Drizin’s column about this year’s contest. Peruse the new and improved Local that Works database which includes all contest submissions from 2017-2019. Check our Current’s stories about previous Local that Works award-winners and finalists and Watch the videos of our LTW sessions at public media conferences featuring the “best in local.” Read Mark Fuerst’s original essay, “Changing the Conversation” that launched LTW in 2016.
2020 Grand Prize: $20,000!
Here’s what you need to know:
- The deadline is Thursday, August 20 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time, no exceptions.
- You may submit multiple entries on separate forms.
- Your entry will not be saved until you hit submit and cannot be revised after you submit. We suggest you write and edit a kick-ass entry in a Word document, then paste your answers into the entry form below.
- Entries will be published in the LTW database. We reserve the right to edit any fields for publicly displayed listings.
- The cash award is made to institutions, not individuals.
- If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Good luck!
Local that Works is funded by the Wyncote Foundation.